Friday, January 28, 2005

Enough

Last night was weird. I fell asleep and dreamt I headed this production. That dream ended and I dreamt of other things. But right before waking up, my dreams went back to the original dream. Somehow I think I lost you there, but the dream was about me heading a production with lotsa weird stuff happening especially with regards to casting. I start off with this many characters and then other people start entering the picture and lotsa insane twists to the story happen. I just can't seem to remember the details. This happened around 7:30 am.

I went back to sleep. I remember waking up twice and having more dreams. One dream that I still remember was of me having a casual meal with some people from this theater company. Then, all at once, in the middle of the conversation, the number of people I am dining with double. And this directress who just appeared says something to me that's very complementary. This is weird coming from someone like her who I don't think likes me. Then, I wake up again.

This feels crazy because I rarely have dreams or even if I do I have no recollection whatsoever when I wake up. It is only in the last quarter of last year that my dreams have become a regular occurrence and the frequency of late has increased.

What could this all mean? I am sure there are meanings to dreams. Just like the story of Joseph in the Bible. God wants to tell me something. I can't figure it out yet, but I am sure He will reveal to me what they all mean in His perfect time.

It is quite timely, too, that the dreams are coming now because I feel that I am at the crossroads of my life. Every decision counts and I have to be discerning of what to do. This week, one thing that has been in my heart since early last year hit me. Whatever you do will fail if it is not meant to bless other people or to be shared with others. Even if you attain a certain amount of success, it will never be enough if it is only for you. Nothing is ever enough.

No comments: