Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Long Distance

Five years back, I had a friend who migrated to the States. We had good times together, back then. With our blockmates. With our organizations. With the choir. In the volleyball team. And so many countless things. But I never really felt quite close to her. Sure, we were buddies, but it was only in the last year that we started to really connect, through the magic of YM. I opened up to her and she to me. It was really refreshing. Despite the distance, there was none.

She, recently, came back for a vacation, and we had the best of times. Everything just fell into place. Nothing forced. Nothing made-up. Each moment a wonderful surprise.

When she left five years ago, I really didn't feel much. Now that she's left, again, I definitely miss her.

No comments: