Sunday, January 23, 2005

Mayabang

Mayabang ako. Ok. I know that. But God constantly reminds me to remain humble in more ways than one. Besides it's not by my might nor by my power, but by His Spirit.

Despite lack of sleep and sore muscles, He saw me through thirty minutes or more of improv dancing non-stop. And not just once, but twice every Sunday of the month, with special numbers to boot. Plus, my prayers are being answered. I'm feeling really good now. All the hard work is paying off.

You really get what you give. And now, there is so much more of me that I can give. It's a cycle. You can't stop giving. Not ever. A friend asked me if I was being paid for what I do at church, dancing and choreographing. I told him that I was not being remunerated. He replied by saying that I was too kind which was why people abuse and will abuse me. I thought to myself there are things that you do out of love. Out of love.

No comments: