Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Manga

Who would have ever thought that I would lose sleep over mangoes?

Yesterday, I lay in bed by 10:40 pm. By midnight, I was still awake. I thought, since 12 - 1 am was my normal bedtime, I just had a few more minutes to wake before the sandman arrives. 2:37am, I was still awake. Something was wrong. 4:14am, nothing.

That night, I drank two glasses of ripe mango shake with honey and ate a cheek of a ripe mango two hours before laying my head down to sleep. I don't normally eat mangoes this late in the day, but they were so delicous.

Mangoes are sugar. Complex sugars from fruit provide more energy to the body than caffiene. In fact, it has been recommended to take it before a show instead of coffee or candy bars for a more lasting and stable energy boost. Hence, It was probably 5am when I finally dozed off.

Shucks, it's a lesson learned for me. Never again will I have that much mangoes when I am in dire need of sleep. :P

No comments: