Sunday, March 09, 2008

Latin Heat




This is our last show for this season. Then, we change artistic directors and open our next show on September pa. So, if you have time, watch us this week or else you'll have to wait long. Send me a message here or SMS (if you know my cell) for tickets. You may also contact the office. The numbers are at the end of this entry..


Ballet Philippines dares everyone to come and join them as they sizzle and gyrate their way to celebrate the arrival of the long, hot summer with Latin Heat.


The sounds of South America take center stage as Ballet Philippines ends its 38th season with the sensual, flamboyant rhythms of the salsa, rhumba, bossa nova, reggae, and Caribbean music. Envision images of hot, languid days at the beach and sultry nights embraced by passion and desire.

Latin Heat confirms why we Filipinos are dubbed as the Latin Americans of South East Asia as Ballet Philippines promises a scorching evening of passionate dancing. Expect the dancers of Ballet Philippines revealing some flesh, their sinewy forms and packed bodies will definitely tease and tantalize lovers of dance who will surely remember this performance for a long time.


Latin Heat will be performed from March 14-16 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines Little Theater.

For more information, please call 551-0221, 551-1003 or 832-6011 or email balletphilippines@pldtdsl.net



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just don't know where else to post this comment so I am posting it here even if it's irrelevant to the topic.

I'm just glad I found your blog. I've been visiting Steps' website frequently because I believe I'm in the same situation I imagine you were in before you graduated from UP, of course I am not sure. But I saw your name there as one of the scholars and started googling you. Sorry for the stalker aura but I am really searching for people who are "late-bloomers" in the craft they have chosen to pursue, just to get an idea how they fared.

I'm 4 subjects shy from graduating with a degree in Political Science from UP Diliman. I'm 22 and very well delayed. It seems like all my life I've spent studying. I regret not having pursued any other thing like a social life or passion for the arts. And now after watching a few plays from REP, a marathon of You Got Served, Center Stage, and Step Up I'm actually thinking of taking classes at Steps, extension classes at UP College of Music, and hopefully REP's summer workshop.

Again I am glad I found this blog because it kinda gave me hope. I plan on "living" my life at least for two years starting this April until I turn 25 in 2010. I am risking a lot because I could actually be enhancing my academic qualifications to secure a more "secure" future. I'm not really planning a career in the arts. I believe only good-looking people prosper in it considering the superficial world we live in. Of course I might be wrong but...

Wala lang. Thanks for writing your thoughts and experiences in this blog because this is just what I need. And I have made my choice. I'm gonna start living... through the arts!

TY very much and I hope you reach your career goals.

=)

Unknown said...

it takes time, hard work, commitment, and passion... i'm always a step closer to my goals everyday. i hope you find your path.

if you need help, just send me a message.

Cheers!

Unknown said...

you can send an e-mail to pjrebullida@yahoo.com

ihcahieh said...

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

who's going to be the new artistic director?