Saturday, December 25, 2004

Pasko sa Bahay

Somehow i think this is addictive. Writing about your thoughts and how you feel. My problem i think is that i think too much.

Today, Christmas lunch was held at our place contrary to tradition. And I must admit, it was a refreshing change from the past Christmas lunches. We all had a blast. Several cousins preferred to stay longer than usual despite the fact that they had to rush off to another party. Maybe now that we are more mature, the level of understanding becomes a wider horizon and we get along better.

Christmas is more pleasurable when you are all kids and when you are all old. Adolescence is really an awkward stage. You prefer your own clique. You have perceptions of yourself that you foster; and as you grow older are shattered or reinforced. The deal is whether the perceptions are good or bad.

I have a friend who yesterday asked of me advice. Apparently, he is enjoying something that his lover would disapprove of. Yet, he still loves his lover. This caused me to think... yet again. The deal is how would one know that there exists a true love between two people? I must admit there are different levels of love.

My question was answered that same night in our candlelight mass at church. Love exists when you are willing to die for the other person. When all that really matters is the welfare of the other person. By saying welfare, I mean that the other person is living a good, beautiful, and content life in all aspects emotionally, physiologically, physically, financially, and what-have-you's. You are willing to sacrifice more of yourself. Of course, you still have to be responsible with your own life because that love propels you to becoming a better person.

I can admit I love my family and my God and my friends, too. Parang may kulang.

No comments: