Friday, December 24, 2004

Not so bad after all

I was dreading going to this family reunion thing tonight. I don't really get along with the host family. My dad, though, is pretty close to the parents. So, we really had to go. It's a good thing that the set of cousins i get along with were there. The time flew by real fast and we had a good time. None of the let's go home already vibes into the first fifteen minutes.

I was never close to any of my cousins really. Nor them to me and my brothers. We only saw each other at Christmas reunions and that's the only interaction we get. I wished we had more interaction after the toddler days. Like biking or Sunday family lunches with the entire clan. It never really happened. We all had our own lives. A summer in the province with the lolo and lola with all the cousins would be grand. But what can you do with no province and just one set of grandparents without any other grand kids besides us?

No comments: