Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Hectic Day

Today, I...

1. watched a movie (on cable) with my mom while eating sandwiches she prepared
2. had lunch with friend#1 and had my nails done at a spa
3. watched another movie with friend#2 at a different mall
4. checked out some items and watched a third movie with friend#3 at another location
5. picked up with friend#3 long-time no-see friend#4 from the airport
6. Reminisced and had late night (2nd) meal with the friends #2,#3, & #4 ... friend #5 just dropped by
7. brought long-time no-see friend#4 home with a side-trip down memory lane

All-in-all, It was a crazy day with all sorts of people. Insecure, secure, in-love, in-chaos... But I loved it...

Tonight, i felt my friends to be more than numbers. It's been awhile since I felt alive with them. And I had to write that down, even though its freakin' 4 in the morning. I especially enjoyed the company of two friends. Their company was like a breath of fresh air. Not the kind that you feel when you're in a new place; but the kind that's familiar.

=========

As i was writing the last paragraph, a friend on YM messaged me. He had the worst of days. Today, he became single and was physically and verbally assaulted by unknown people. I'm currently throwing questions at him to answer his own questions. A dilemma exists, though, when you don't know where the pain is coming from... How does one really move on?

I actually said in the course of our conversation, "Happiness is not easy to attain... i don't think we can find it in our environment or other people... we just have find that place within ourselves where we can be content." Easier said than done. I just hope and pray that my friend find that place soon.

=========

Friends are definitely more than numbers.

No comments: